Japanese preteen girls wearing thongs in erotic poses welcomed in Japan!

Discuss Japanese Culture, Fashion, Arts, literature, History, Politics, Humor, and more...日本の文化、ファッション、美術、文学、歴史、政治などについて議論してください

Japanese preteen girls wearing thongs in erotic poses welcomed in Japan!

Postby Sparkys » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:32 pm

I used to teach English in Tokyo. One of my students at that time was a model for one of these preteen magazines where the children are in erotic poses. Needless to say I was even more surprised when every 6 months a new copy would be brought in by the mother to add to our bookshelf.

The first day I saw it. My Japanese co-workers were browsing through it saying "Kawaii!" So I imeadietly grab the book to catch some glimpses of cute Japanese girls....Whoa! was I surprised to find the model a 10 year old preteen bending over in a bathing skimpy bathing suit! I immediately called over an Australian co-worker to trade OMG's with her. She was not amused and as we went on ranting how this should be illegal, immoral...ect. I didn't notice that all of our Japanese co-workers were staring at us with scowls. Apparently this is okay in Japan, and to top it off the models mother was standing right beside us. Luckily or not? She didn't understand a lick of English so we just smiled and said "kawaii" and walked away. I still can't believe that a book like this can be welcomed in an English school for children!
Sparkys
Ronin
Ronin

Re: Japanese preteen girls wearing thongs in erotic poses welcomed in Japan!

Postby fba90130 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:52 pm

Ahem ... the mind sees what it expects to see ;D Think no evil and you see no evil.

To the Japanese maybe it really IS just a collection of kawaii photos.

Although I'ld bet what your co-workers were scowling at is the injection of such base comparisons into an otherwise innocent work of cuteness.

Just my guess since I never saw any of the photos so I can't really tell how explicit they are.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe which strives to produce bigger idiots. 
fba90130
Commoner
Commoner

Postby -Lithium » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:34 pm

I find this rather weird and yes, immoral. Especially that they feature girls of a very young age. I think it's quite foul since preteen girls shouldn't engage in that but it's a part of the norms.
-Lithium
Peasant
Peasant

Postby christler50 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:01 am

Yes, this kind of thing is disturbing to non-Japanese -- and to some Japanese too -- but I tend to agree with fba that the majority of Japanese see such things as simply kawaii, and overlook the "erotic" connotations conjured by the poses and so on.
christler50
Peasant
Peasant

Return to Culture * 文化